Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 10 or As frustration Mounts...

Situations may now all of a sudden be arising where it is hard to avoid talking. Old people lost and looking for washrooms for some reason require verbal direction and I'm trying to remember, did I just ignore things like that last week? So complete was my focus...

Some customers came to see Girl With A Dragon Tattoo today and left the theater after 10 minutes saying "we don't want to read all those subtitles" and so they walked off grumbling and tried to sit in another theater so I called after them, "hey! Where are you going?" to which they replied, "we want to see another movie". I said, "that's ok but you need to exchange your ticket at the box office". Fucking entitled baby boomers then went on about how far away the box office was. I was like "yes, because god forbid you ever should walk. Or read."

Now this is unrelated to the theme of the blog entirely but worth posting-
A baby mouse was caught in a glue trap in my apartment a few hours ago. I didn't know what to do so my friend Jasmine and I took it outside and put the mouse (and glue trap) in a planter on the street and discussed gently prying the poor creature off the board with some water and a butter knife. As we stood on the side walk squeamishly holding each other and stealing glances at the mouse a sassy young gangbanger type teenage girl walked by, her cornrows fastened beneath her chin like a strange beard. She leaned toward us, "what, are you trying to cut that mouse in half or somethin'?" We shook our heads frantically until she said "here I'll take care of that for you." She began flicking at the baby mouse stuck to the card with the butter knife with hands that were disconcertingly well practiced. Once it was free (and fine) she officiously gave us back the knife said, "I hold them things by the tail" and strode off.

My hero.

3 comments:

  1. I too hold them things by the tail --in life that is.
    Not reading subtitles is for asswangs.
    I bought some fancy pants today and some new shoes. Maybe this means I will be fashionable some day.
    probably not.
    pumped to see you breach your nonsinging vows on thurs.
    word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mice + glue trap experience was very much traumatizing and i only wish it could've had such a serendipitous ending.

    srsly.

    <3
    --est

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should whisper sweet nothings to people every now and then, ever so quietly, right in their ear, so they know it's just for them, tiny little nothings of sweetness.
    hahaha...
    xo

    ReplyDelete