Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Days 8 and 9

I debated heavily as to whether or not I'd post anything for these last two days because I actually spoke.

I have this show coming up that I committed to months and months ago that I'm very excited for. It's in a few days now and I had a rehearsal with my best guy Andy yesterday and broke the silence for an hour or so. I think that Andy and I are pretty good at what we do but I've never seen someone learn a song without any verbal interaction. Like whoa.

And again today I had an indulgent evening where words were exchanged for another hour or so.

AND THEN finally when I came home tonight, I came home to a junkie stealing my roommates bike. So I spent a good 15 minutes being that person people in Parkdale look out their bedroom windows at and think to themselves "my life isn't so bad after all- I mean, listen to that crazy hooker swearing on a street corner"

It was certainly the first time I spoke above a whisper and I said solely things like "Hey! Fucker! Leave that fucking bike alone! Get the fuck out of here! Is that your fucking bike?! NO! It's MY fucking bike so scram!"

Then he came at the car with a crow bar and was all like "If it's your bike then unlock it! What are you doing here?! Fuck off! Bitch!"

So I drove around the block to park, ran into a cop (because they cover the ground like so much cigarette ash on my street) gave a brief account and returned to park. By the time I had circled the block the bike was gone! So fuck.

My friend today asked if I felt like I was cheating by talking... I don't think I'm breaking any rules because it's my silence for whatever health reasons... but it's like those olde time english made for tv movies where there the wan sickly kid who's prescribed lots of bed rest for his miscellaneous illness but really all the kid needs is to kick a soccer ball for 5 minutes a day. I feel better not speaking but I think it's ok to excercise once in awhile too.

Anyway, if you're sick of my writing notes at you and want to hear something else, come to this: http://www.forestcitylovers.com/

2 comments:

  1. "it's my silence for whatever health reasons" love it. This was the first post I read, it's really nice to read your words, Pridewo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading every post! Keep it up C

    ReplyDelete