Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 7

It's odd how the brain can form habits and routines. Like how after waking up early for a week with an alarm you can find yourself waking up at an arbitrary time like 8:13am every single day without fail or an alarm just by an odd feedback loop in your internal clock.

Today at work I sustained all sorts of minor injuries; cuts, bruises, head knocks, cramps etc. and not once did I cry out in pain- oh that shit fucking hurt, but I'm not in the habit of making sounds anymore, as unnatural as that feels.

Interesting side note- women are significantly better at deciphering my pantomime bug eyed gesticulations than men. Men are also more prone to whispering at me, thinking I'm deaf and writing things for me to read or trying to talk with their hands. Cute.

After 9 grueling hours battling the oniony mountain of dishes at the restaurant, I have conceded- rancid dish water-1, vagina-0.

WOAH EDIT- My friends came over and I was SO TIRED after work I SAID SOMETHING

I said (embarrassingly enough) "Dude".

So there it is. Today I said "Dude".

1 comment: